Monday, July 1, 2013

Tweet!! It's Cotton Bootylicious - June Edition!

Let's everyone hold in our excitement... the June Cotton Booty box has arrived! This time in an envelope because they went over the weight limit for the box. Oh shucks. That's a shame.


Here's this months shakedown!
Looks promising....

This month brings us two things that I'm really excited about, and a wet bag... but I think you can never have enough wet bags, so I'm pretty excited all around.

First things first, let's talk dipes.

THIS IS MY FAVORITE DIAPER PATTERN WE HAVE EVER HAD!

This is the Bumkins Stuff-it pocket diaper with one minky insert and one PUL backed waterproof insert in the WORLDS BEST PRINT - Tweet! Seriously, this is IT for the Little Bird. I haven't used a Bumkins pocket before so this is definitely something new for me, which is the biggest perk of this service, and really the reason that I've signed up for this subscription box. I have a few Bumkins covers that I use with prefolds, so I am aware of the quality that the company turns out, but I have to say, I find the covers heavy (as compared to flip covers that we use most often), and I don't find this pocket diaper heavy at all. A big plus!


The fit on Little Bird is actually really great. She's pretty skinny, and I like a lot of options for a snug fit (velcro/aplix is not for me - somehow I always miss the laundry tabs and things get stuck together/ruined/disasterfied), so the Bumkins snaps really get her a snug fit around the legs. We started with just the minky insert, which is just fine for day and play, and I have her on the smallest rise and snapped to the center. There's still a little gap in the front, but any further and there would be red marks on her belly. 

I tried stuffing with both inserts, which I would for a long nap or overnight, but that was a little too bulky between her legs for playtime. 

Here's a gratuitous cute picture before we continue...


ahhhh, that's better.
This diaper retails for $15.95 and is a one size, fitting 7-32 pounds! yowza.


Next we have a Bumkins wet bag in Yellow Fish.
I love me some Dr. Seuss (who happens to share a birthday with my husband), but I'm not super crazy about this print. I have two other Bumkins wet bags in this same size that I got from Zulily before Little Bird was even born, and a Cat in the Hat bag with two pockets that I use more often. I do love how many diapers fit into this size bag - while I was out of town with Little Bird, I could fit 2 entire days worth of diapers in a bag this size, which was at least 8 stay dry Flip inserts, 2-3 Flip covers, 4 pocket diapers, 4 microfiber inserts, and at least 4 charcoal bamboo inserts. I think that's pretty impressive, no? I roll them pretty tight, but it's definitely a bag that can hold a hefty load!

This guy retails for $10.95.
(So, we've already exceeded our retail price for the box! I repeat... Great Deal!)

onto the sample of the month...



This is the part of the box that I'm pretty intrigued about.
It's no secret that I have had some major breastfeeding struggles and supply problems. In fact, there are days when I pump that I only get a quarter of an ounce per session. I know. It's pathetic. And disheartening. And makes me feel like a failure. So, of course, I do everything I can to boost supply. Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, pumping like a lunatic, oatmeal, so much water I feel like I might drown.

I am always willing to try something to help my supply. This product from Need (which is owned by the cute Tia and Tamara Mowry! Check it out here!) seems to contain all of the hot button herbs that everyone recommends without having to choke down tea that tastes like feet. (No offense to Mothers Milk tea, but I can't even handle the smell. It tastes like I steeped B's socks in hot water and then added honey).

I just tried this, and it has its good and bad points. I like that it's just a little shot (and one Weight Watchers point, if anyone is counting), goes down pretty quickly and doesn't taste like the lactation teas. However, it does taste a little reminiscent of the glucose drink that they give you for the sugar test while you're pregnant, or like a 5-hour energy drink. I needed a water chaser and a little finger-full of peanut butter after I was done. I don't think I'm going to see a result from one sample, since they advise two bottles per day to see a result, but if I do see an increase, I'll be sure to let you know.

Pssstttt, Tia and Tamara! If you want to send me a weeks supply, I'd be more than happy to report my results for the studio audience. If it works, I'll sing your praises from every rooftop!

And, just because we all like it so much, here's a few snaps of the Little Bird, looking so so so cute in this "tweet" pattern!


Who says Birds and Kitties don't get along?
Behold the Little Bird and Sookie, snuggling on the blanket.
[no babies or kitties were harmed in the making of this photo... in fact, there were copious kisses]
Until next month, my dears.

1 comment:

  1. I drank the sample of Milky one afternoon. The next day my breast were fuller than they had been. I don't pump so can't tell you exactly how much more I produced, but I do think it helped! The following day my breast were back to normal. I really think it made a difference.

    ReplyDelete